Webmaster - Infos
GuppY - Compatibility, issues and technical notices
To work properly, GuppY needs that your web browser can manage correctly CSS stylesheets and HTML version 4.
GuppY should work properly with Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6, Netscape 6, Mozilla , Opera and many others. It was tested with Internet Explorer 6, Mozilla 1.6 and Opera 7.23, so your feedback with other browsers will be more than welcome
Please note that the functionality of the new on board WYSIWIG editor of GuppY requires to work with Internet Explorer 5.5 or later, Mozilla 1.3 or later and even Netscape 7.1
II. Known issues
- The WYSIWYG editor introduced with this release is very new and we are not shure about its use with Mozilla clones or Netscape 7.1
- GuppY shoud now (since version 3.0) be 100% compatible with IIS, but I did not test it. If you face trouble, to have it running quite properly though, you will have to replace the inc/includes.inc file with the inc/includes_IIS.inc one (just delete the inc/includes.inc file and rename inc/includes_IIS.inc into inc/includes.inc).
III. Technical notices
2. Free.fr e-mail specific
Now Free uses the standard php mail function. Then you don't need to use "protomail".
3. Files upload
4. Content sharing between sites in RSS format
5. How to access to the mobile version of GuppY
6. Follow-up e-mail to more than one receiver
Creation date : 06/12/2004 @ 04:00
Reactions to this article
GuppY, the kiss web portal that requires no database to run, is now available in Release 4.5